Image Map

Friday, June 25, 2010

Spaghetti Pie




My mouth waters just looking at this picture....crazy I know!  BUT I just lovvvvvve this recipe for Spaghetti Pie.  Unfortunately, I fell in love with it so fast I can't even remember where I found the recipe.  I have seen a bunch of different versions out there in "blog land"/on-line recipes.  Some versions use lots of veggies (like peppers and mushrooms), other versions use cottage cheese (I used ricotta cheese) and then some versions only use 2 eggs ( I used 3)...but no matter what, you can adapt your recipe for this yummy dish to what ever your palate desires.  Veggies vs. no veggies, cottage cheese vs. ricotta cheese, more eggs vs. less eggs...it's all in what YOU want to create for a Spaghetti Pie.

Say hello to the ingredients that I used to make my S.P. - spaghetti noodles, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, parm cheese, can o mushrooms (didn't have any fresh ones), 1 medium chopped onion, spaghetti sauce, garlic salt, parsley (fresh or dried is just fine), butter,  ground beef (ground chicken or turkey is yummy too) and lastly eggs.




Spaghetti Pie

Ingredients:

1 lb. ground beef

1 6oz. package of spaghetti

1 jar of spaghetti sauce

1 can of mushrooms, drained (fresh is even better)

1 small container of ricotta cheese

1/2 cup of parmesan cheese

3 eggs

1 tsp garlic salt

1 tsp parsley, dried or fresh

1 medium onion, chopped

1/2 stick of butter, melted

8 oz mozzarella cheese, sliced or shredded

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook noodles al dante according to package directions and set aside.

2. Saute chopped onions until tender.  Add in ground beef  and cook until nice and brown.  Drain as much fat as possible from the beef/onion mixture....




.....and set aside.

3. Combine the eggs, ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, garlic salt and parsley in a large bowl....





...and mix well.

4. Add in the cooked pasta and toss to combine....




  Next gently pour in the 1/2 stick of melted butter (don't stress....it's only a 1/2 of a stick!) and toss to combine....






5. Pour pasta/cheese/egg mixture into a 9x13 lightly greased pan....





6.  Next layer the browned ground beef and onions on top of the pasta layer.....






.......and then the drained mushrooms and spaghetti sauce.....





.....and then the mozzarella cheese....





7. Place in a oven and bake for 30-40 minutes until pie is bubbly hot and lightly browned on top....



Cool for a couple minutes and then serve.  Yummy happiness from here on out! ;-)





Happy Spaghetti Pie Baking!



1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness that just made my tummy growl and my mouth water! I am totally making this with veggie "beef"!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis