Image Map

Monday, March 2, 2015

(SRC) Chicken Parm Soup


Chicken Parmesan has always been one of my favorites.  I have ordered it many a time as an entree and even as a sandwich. I have also made it quite frequently for my family and friends using this recipe. Up until yesterday I had never made it as a soup.  And since yesterday,  Chicken Parm Soup is ALL I have eaten.  I ate it for dinner, brunch the next day, lunch and yes, now as I type I have a lovely bowl next to me as a snack. It is beyond delicious.  Would you like a taste? How about the recipe?  Well, not to worry as I will share it with you just like the lovely Elizabeth from Food Ramblings shared it with me. 


I recently met Elizabeth through my March assignment for the Secret Recipe Club.  As soon as I clicked onto Food Ramblings I knew I was going to love every minute of my assignment.  Elizabeth has created a beautiful blog that is delicious, welcoming and absolutely appealing to the eye.  She has a fantastic assortment of recipes - all of which are organized with care.  I began my search for a recipe to make this month by clicking on her "DESSERTS" (no surprise there!).  I drooled over her Peanut Butter Whoppie Pies along with her Cookie Butter Banana Bread but then decided it best that I make something with chicken as I had quite a bit of it in the freezer that needed to be used.  With chicken in mind I browsed through Elizabeth's "Chicken" recipes and discovered Chicken Parm Soup. Delighted that I had everything on hand to make this soup, including a slow cooker, I measured, chopped, sprinkled and poured all the ingredients into my crock pot, pushed the necessary buttons and walked away.  4 hours later my house smelled delicious! The soup was ready and so were the tummies of my family.  Dinner was served with happiness! 



In the above three pictures you may have noticed the bread on the side of the plate.  Because I couldn't get the idea of making banana bread with Cookie Butter (from Trader Joe's) I also baked up a couple loaves of Cookie Butter Banana Bread.  If you would like to do the same you can find the 
recipe here.



In the meantime the recipe for Chicken Parm Soup can be found right here....


Chicken Parm Soup
(recipe from Food Ramblings)

Ingredients:
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 large can crushed tomatoes
2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, raw and defrosted
1 onion, chopped
3 cups chicken broth
2 tsp oregano
1 Tbsp chopped basil + more for garnish
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese + more for garnish 
4 oz. pasta or rice of your choice (I used orzo) 
salt and pepper to taste  

Directions:
Place all of the ingredients into a slow cooker except for the pasta.  Cook on high for 3.5 hrs or low for 6 hours. Shred the cooked chicken breasts and put back into soup along with dried pasta or rice.  Cook for another 1/2 hour or until pasta is cooked fully.  Serve garnished with Parmesan cheese and chopped basil if you wish. Enjoy!! 



Happy Chicken Parm Soup Making!


8 comments:

  1. Now I'm thinking of veggie variations... I reckon maybe chickpeas instead of the chicken would work. Looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea to make this soup with chickpeas instead of chicken! Brilliant Rachel! :-)

      Delete
  2. Haha..what a great idea for a soup. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea for a soup - and its perfect for this weather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your soup looks delicious! The best SRC pics are always the ones where you have the ingredients on hand :) And thanks for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Making a Chicken Parm soup is such a great idea!! I'm sure it's super comforting and delicious. I'm hungry now! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a good Chicken Parm ... in a soup form it sounds fantastic too. Great pic... not forgetting the banana bread, lovely loaf!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am obsessed with soup at the moment! This looks SO good!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis